Monday, August 27, 2012

The Lovely World of Fertility Treatments

Shaun and I always knew that we wanted kids right way, but of course things never seem to go the way you plan.  As most of you know, through the years we've done fertility treatments off and on, special diets, and all kinds of vitamins, and then of course we finally were blessed by adoption.  So, at the beginning of  the year we started thinking a lot about how another child would come into our family.  We prayed and talked, and prayed some more.  For some reason we thought we would do treatments and the adoption process, but we kept getting the feeling that we were only supposed to do fertility treatments.  This was really hard for me, it was hard to give the little control that I thought we had and trust in the Lord, and follow one path. So, in March we started working with our Doctor to start up treatments again.  After talking with me and looking at my medical history he thought that I might have endometriosis, and the only way to find out is surgery  In April I had the laparoscopic procedure done, and they did find that I do have endometriosis.  This was a relief to me after going through so many years of unexplained infertility.  In June we did our first IUI with no success, and then in July we did another IUI and soon found that we were expecting!!  I can't tell you how excited we were, I truly couldn't believe that the treatment had really worked!  A couple days later my doctor had me go in for a blood test to check my hcg levels.  They were a little low so I kept going in. We found that they were going up, which was a great sign.  Even though my numbers were going up they still needed to get a lot higher.  I think over all I went in for 8 blood tests ( I hate needles), but my numbers soon started dropping.  I knew that this wasn't a good sign and soon miscarried.  Even though this was hard for us we are truly grateful for this experience.  We now know that it is possible for us to get pregnant.  We are hopeful that things will eventually work out.  I do know that Heavenly Father would not lead us in the wrong direction.  I'm choosing to trust in Him, even though I don't know what the out come will be.  We are excited for what comes next, and for now we are happy and enjoying the blessings that we do have.  I don't want to focus on the negative because we truly have so many wonderful things to be grateful for.  I would hate to waste my time being sad and missing out on everything that is good in our life!

11 comments:

Molly said...

<3 you are quite an inspiration! It really is hard to trust in the Lord completely! I hope to have that kind of faith. Good luck in the months to come! May you be blessed for your faithfulness:)

Anonymous said...

You are such a strong example!! I hope to keep updated on how things are going :)

Deruchette said...

Jamie..love you guys!! I didn't know all those details :/ We are praying for you always and feel blessed to have you in our family. YAY!! Keep up the faith...things will work out the way they should. :D

Julie Chang, L.Ac. said...

Your strength and positive attitude will surely provide much inspiration for those who are going through fertility issues. Stay strong and smiling!

Robyn said...

Jamie! You are so strong and good! I know you'll be blessed because you have good desires!

Aaron and Jodi said...

You are amazing Jamie! I pray everything will work out for you guys. So glad they finally figured out you had endometriosis. You are my hero, I am so impressed with your attitude! Good luck guys! Keep us posted!

IVF - CANCUN said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Landon Family said...

Wow what a crazy experience! I wish you guys the best!!

John Alex said...

If you are 35 or older, your doctor may recommend that you skip some of the steps younger couples usually take. That's because your chances of having a baby decrease with each passing year. Fertility Clinic CT

John Alex said...

It's important to understand that even if you are able to get pregnant, no treatment can guarantee a healthy baby. On the other hand, scientists in this field have made many advances that have helped millions of couples have babies. CT Fertility Clinics

Anonymous said...

. . . . . . . . . .